What Bankruptcy Should I File?

Hello,

I have 60K in automobile loans, 260K in a home mortgage, 15K in credit card debt and another 30K in medical bills right now that I got after I lost my job 6 months ago from a car accident with no insurance. I have no idea what to do but I just can't afford to keep up with the payments anymore and I need to keep food on the table and roof over my families head. I've been looking into bankruptcy for awhile now and had learned that I can wipe out the medical and credit, but what happens to my house or car? Is there a bankruptcy that allows me to keep my house and car yet still wipe out all of my other debt?

Comments

• Hi David-I am so sorry you are going through this. Life is humbling for us all. No one ever wants to lose income and yet it happens to many. Yes, you are allowed to keep your home and vehicle in either a Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 Bankruptcy. In a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, you want to remain current on your house and vehicle payments during and after the bankruptcy. In a Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, we can put any arrears on the plan and then you make payments outside the plan after we file and remain current. If you need anything at all, please reach out to us at Kain & Scott. Your servant. Wes